[Users] problem on running bbh expample

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Fri Dec 23 04:28:24 CST 2016

On 23 Dec 2016, at 10:52, Cory Chu <cory.yk.chu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Erik
>
> Should I simply change the .ini file in simfactory/mdb/machines
> with
> ppn = 2
> max-num-threads = 2
> num-threads = 2
>
> and adding --procs = 2 on running command ?
>
> sorry i just can not find a detail documentation on this part
> after i change the above setting
> the problem did not solved

Hi Cory,

Can you give the command line you are using to submit the simulation?  You need to ensure that the number of MPI processes you use is larger.  You could do this by running fewer threads per process, or if you are already running one thread per process, by increasing the number of processes by increasing the number of threads.  That might mean reconfiguring the machine definition to allow more cores to be used than you actually have.  What machine is it; i.e. how many processors and cores do you have?

http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin