[Users] Reading Carpet output from Julia

Erik Schnetter schnetter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 11:25:02 CST 2016

David Radice and I recently discussed reading Carpet HDF5 data into
Julia <http://julialang.org>. A few weeks ago, I converted a Python
visualization script to Julia. This was quite easy to do, and I thus
thought I'd post it here for others to see.

The Julia script is an Ipython (now: Jupyter) notebook. The link below
should lead to a tarball in my Google Drive folder that anybody can
download. In addition to the script, there is also some sample Carpet
output that the script uses to create a movie, as well as the movie
itself that is generated by the script.

<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz4t5SPjhOSSN28wQjlMODgwaWs/view?usp=sharing>

This isn't a cleaned-up example that's easy to use, but rather a
straight copy of the script I'm using to experiment with the data. I
hope it works for others (after adapting the obvious path names in the
script). If you find it interesting and encounter problems, I'll be
happy to help, and if this is generally useful, it could probably be
cleaned up into a much nicer example.

Enjoy,

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at gmail.com>