[Users] Multiple time levels

Steven R. Brandt sbrandt at cct.lsu.edu
Tue Jan 5 15:11:14 CST 2016

OK, so copying data in CCTK_PRESTEP seems to work.

My next question is, I think, trickier... My par file looks something
like this

Carpet::time_refinement_factors = "[1,1]"
Time::timestep_method = "given"
Time::timestep = 0.05
Carpet::prolongation_order_time = 0

Unfortunately, when I try to run the code I get this:

WARNING level 0 from host 18-5e-f-12-9b-2a.wlan.lsu.edu process 0
   while executing schedule bin (none), routine (no thorn)::(no routine)
   in thorn CarpetLib, file
/home/sbrandt/cactus/CactusFW/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetLib/src/gdata.cc:375:
   -> Internal error: extrapolation in time. variable=FUNWAVE::eta
time=0  times=[0.050000000000000003]
cactus_sim:
/home/sbrandt/cactus/CactusFW/arrangements/Carpet/Carpet/src/helpers.cc:269:
int Carpet::Abort(const cGH*, int): Assertion `0' failed.

It's trying to get data from the same time level, but it seems to only
have the wrong one.

My theory is that prolongation_order_time = 1 is going to give me what I
want, because it's going to prolong to one of the endpoints (the code
runs, at least). Does this mean that prolongation_order_time = 0 is broken?

Cheers,
Steve