[Users] Weekly Meeting Venue

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Jan 11 11:02:13 CST 2016

Hi,

Due to today's and past problem with the phone line, we wondered if
another venue for the weekly call would provide better quality, while
still being a stable solution.

Google Hangouts in particular were mentioned. The most severe limitation
that came up in today's discussion (in such a hangout) was the limit to
10 participants. We rarely, but sometimes, exceed that. Another
potential down-side is that you might have to use (and thus, have) an
account with Google.

Before we try switching to a Google Hangout as regular venue for the
call, we would like to ask the community:

- Would this be a prevent *you* from calling in? If so, why?
- Are there any other potential down-sides we might not have thought of?
- Are there better alternatives?

Frank Loeffler