[Users] Kranc and linear systems of equations

Michael Clark michael.clark at gatech.edu
Tue Jul 12 10:23:53 CDT 2016

Hello,

I have a system of equations for time derivatives of the form A(udot) = b,
where A is a symmetric matrix, udot is a vector of time derivatives to
solve for, and b is a vector of right-hand sides.

I'd like to compute the udot vector using Kranc, as the vector b involves a
great deal of tensor math that I would like to use TensorTools for.

What options do I have to solve this problem?

In particular, the form of the matrix A does not change in time--only the
values of its nonzero entries would vary.  If it could be factored or
inverted symbolically so that the time-varying quantities could be input to
it at each step, I think that would be ideal, rather than running a full
matrix-inversion or factorization at every step.

Thanks for your help,
Michael