[Users] Resolving two BH

Hamilton, Maria babiuc at marshall.edu
Tue Jun 7 10:02:36 CDT 2016

Hello,

Does this paper come with access to a par file that will show how to set the dynamic shift?

I need some help as well in setting up a run with two unequal mass black holes, for an undergraduate visualization project.
My understanding is that the initial conditions are set with the parameters given in the TwoPunctures thorn.
For example, if I want the first black hole to be equal with the mass of the sun, and the second, 10 times the mass of the sun, I do something like this?

TwoPunctures::par_m_plus                = 1.5
TwoPunctures::par_m_minus            = 15

The last thing I need to set is the velocity for each hole, If I want each of them to move at 1/3 c tangential velocity?
I’m assuming I need to set:

TwoPunctures::par_P_plus [1] = +0.45
TwoPunctures::par_P_minus[1] = -4.5

Is this correct?
And one more important thing: if I want the distance between them to be for example 150, how do I set this? I see a parameter par_b which gives the x coordinate of the m+ puncture, but I’m not clear if this is what I need to set, and how.

All the other parameters I am assuming are to be kept the way they are. In Rahul’s parameter file I do not see the PunctureTracker thorn activated. I do want to know the position of the back holes on the grid, and the distance between them at each step of the evolution. Do I need to activate PunctureTracker? What output do I need for this?

Thank you,
Maria