[Users] Merging CarpertIOHDF5 output from several checkpoints

dumsani g14n8326 at campus.ru.ac.za
Tue Oct 4 15:43:41 CDT 2016

Hi Frank, Everyone,

I have looked at the links you sent through. Exactly the same topic I'm
interested in. I'm sorry not to have seen and read that thread first.

To begin with, I am trying the option where I must compile the updated
CarpetHDF5 reader plugin into my VisIt installation. I traced that
version down to this site
https://bitbucket.org/rhaas80/carpethdf5/overview (thanks to the
communication thread). At the moment, I need to resolve a few issues in
the build (it fails due to a missing library):

*** No rule to make target
`/usr/local/visit/2.10.3/linux-x86_64/lib/libdl.so', needed by
`/home/dumsani/.visit/2.10.3/linux-x86_64/plugins/databases/libECarpetHDF5Database_par.so'.
Stop.
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/ECarpetHDF5Database_par.dir/all] Error 2

But I think the VisIt people would be the ones to help with this build
issue. I'm just mentioning it here in case someone else happens to have
come across and solved this before.

Thanks for the python script as well.