[Users] meeting minutes for 2016-09-26

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Mon Sep 26 10:21:02 CDT 2016

Present: Frank, Matt, Roberto, Roland, Zach, Ian, Erik, Steve, Peter,
Vassili

Jenkins:
* Ian and Barry are working on setting up the git super repository,
  hoping to get things up and running in a day or so

Piraha:
* Roland asks for higher level documentation, for example excerpts from
  the piraha paper

Gallery:
* consistency checks are done

Hangouts:
* Frank contacted google and it seems as if accounts for larger numbers
  of participants are institution accounts and are hard to get
* Frank is investigating alternative VoIP setups, Roland mentions to
  use screenleap for slide presentations during talks
(http://www.screenleap.com/)
* LSU has a webex account that could be used, this is problematic for
  Linux users that have to call in via phone

Hackathon topics:
* include citiations in code. We had a discussion on how we want to
  include this, in the end we decided against it as there was not
  enough interest.
* overlapping computation and communication using FunHPC. Erik has a
  proof of concept and it would be a starting point.
https://bitbucket.org/eschnett/funhpc.cxx . We will try for this.
* time will be decided on a doodle poll

Docker container for the ET:
* Ian has a container on dockerhub which can be found by searching for
  einsteintoolkit
https://hub.docker.com/r/ianhinder/jenkins-einsteintoolkit/