[Users] Changing I/O parameters between simulations restarts

dumsani g14n8326 at campus.ru.ac.za
Fri Sep 30 14:56:18 CDT 2016

Hi Frank, Ian, Everyone

Yes, I meant doing this via Simfactory. But at the same time I
acknowledge the fact that it could as well be doable via some Cactus
parameter... On that note, we have tried changing the parameter in the
top-level SIMFACTORY directory under the job directory. However, looking
at the parfile in the new checkpoint directory, it still bore the old
value. We even went as far as changing the parameter in all parfiles in
the previous checkpoint subdirectory, in addition to changing it in the
top-level SIMFACTORY directory.

In any case, if you also suggest that then I'm going to give this a try
again over the weekend (or on Monday - our computing center is on a shut
down for the weekend).

Thank you
Dumsani