[Users] compile instructions for funhpc

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Tue Apr 11 16:29:49 CDT 2017

The choice (for me) was between autoconf and cmake. The latest autoconf
release is from 2012. cmake is updated regularly, and supports modern
features out of the box (Fortran support, C++11 / C++14, integration with
test suites, etc.) I've seen autoconf projects where things got really
messy when writing Makefile.am files for subdirectories with weird syntax,
while I've seen quite clean CMakeLists.txt files for large-ish projects
that have a more uniform syntax and much better error checking.

-erik