[Users] error when I trying to add atmosphere to BBH evolution

赵志超 yanyuechuixue at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 08:57:40 CDT 2017

Hello everyone,

I am studying how to use Einstein_toolkit, I want to try to add atmosphere
to a BBH evolution.
I add the below things to BBHLowRes.par in the par dir.
However, it reports "nan" error soon after the beginning of evolution.
I do not know how to correct it.
Could anyone give me some suggestion?

"
ActiveThorns = "GRHydro"
ActiveThorns = "GRHydro_InitData"
ActiveThorns = "HydroBase"
ActiveThorns = "EOS_Omni"

HydroBase::initial_hydro         = "only_atmo"
HydroBase::evolution_method      = "GRHydro"
HydroBase::timelevels            = 3

SpaceMask::use_mask = "yes"
GRHydro::GRHydro_countmax       = 100
GRHydro::riemann_solver            = "HLLE"   # Marquina is currently not
supported by MP
GRHydro::recon_method              = "ppm"
GRHydro::GRHydro_stencil            = 3
GRHydro::bound                     = "flat"
GRHydro::rho_abs_min               = 1.0e-6
GRHydro::GRHydro_atmo_tolerance    = 0.
GRHydro::c2p_reset_pressure        = "yes"
GRHydro::GRHydro_eos_type           = "General"
GRHydro::GRHydro_eos_table          = "Ideal_Fluid"
GRHydro::GRHydro_MaxNumSandRVars = 0

GRHydro::use_enhanced_ppm            = "yes"
GRHydro::sync_conserved_only     = "yes"
GRHydro::reconstruct_Wv          = "yes"
GRHydro::c2p_resort_to_bisection = "yes"
GRHydro::use_cxx_code            = "yes"

TmunuBase::stress_energy_storage = "yes"
TmunuBase::stress_energy_at_RHS  = "yes"
TmunuBase::timelevels            =  1
TmunuBase::prolongation_type     = "none"
TmunuBase::support_old_CalcTmunu_mechanism = "no"

EOS_Omni::gl_gamma = 2
EOS_Omni::gl_k=100
EOS_Omni::poly_k = 100
"
Yours,
Zhi-Chao, Zhao
Institute of High Energy Physics, CAS, China.