[Users] questions about compilation

Joel Giedt giedtj at rpi.edu
Fri Dec 22 11:15:52 CST 2017

Hi, I struggled for days trying to get ET installed on Stampede2 (no
problems on Stampede1, so some issue about the different environment, which
is supposed to be KNL oriented).  It worked 100% with very little
intervention on my part for Bridges, compiling in about an hour.  On
Stampede2, after some suggestions from various people I managed to get all
the object files and libraries built for all the thorns, but then it didn't
like a couple of the arguments being passed to ld, which are hard to fix
because it's not at all obvious how to modify the make-cycle.  I could go
into all the details of snags I hit for anyone who is interested. Anyways,
as Roland suggests, trying a different resource might be a very good idea
because the process seems rather sensitive the local environment. --Joel