[Users] Specifying a directory for simfactory

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu Jan 19 08:02:26 CST 2017

Hello Maitraya,

there several directories involved. Typically (on a laptop, clusters are
somewhat similar) you will find output in a directory:

/home/Maitraya/simulations/static_tov/output-0000/hydrobase-rho.x.asc

you can change the /home/Maitraya/simulations part by adding a

basedir = <SOME-DIRECTORY-PATH>

option to simfactory/etc/defs.local.ini in the section for your laptop
(or cluster), eg if

simfactory/bin/sim whomai

reports "maitrayaslaptop" then you'd ad

[maitrayaslaptop]
basedir = /home/Maitraya/my-simulations

fr the static_tov part you have to edit the par file (static_tov.par)
and look for its out_dir setting which currently likely reads:

ioutil::out_dir = $parfile

(or similar). This causes all output to go into a directory of the same
name as the parameter file (without the .par extension). You can change
this to anything you like eg:

ioutil::out_dir = "stationary tov star"

if you so desire (though spaces are usually a bad idea).

There some very rudimentary documentation that you can find here:

http://simfactory.org/info/documentation/userguide/index.html

though I could not find any explanation of basedir in it unfortunately.