[Users] Specifying a directory for simfactory

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu Jan 19 11:38:26 CST 2017

Hello Maitraya,

sorry to hear this did not help.

You did not have to recompile since basedir is only used by the
simulation factory, which makes testing this a bit faster.

I am afraid I am not sure on top of my head what could cause this.

So more questions:
* this is on you laptop? or on a cluster (which one)?
* would you mind attaching your simfactory/etc/defs.local.ini file,
  please?
* what does simfactory/bin/sim whoami report?
* it would be good to provide the output of
  simfactory/bin/sim print-mdb-entry $(simfactory/bin/sim whoami | \
  awk '{print $NF}')
  which should output all information that simulation factory has about
  the machine it is running on
* please copy and past the full command line used for
  simfactory/bin/submit as well as its output eg:
--8<--
rhaas at 8992d193:~/Cactus $ simfactory/bin/sim submit static_tov --parfile par/static_tov.par
Warning: simulation "static_tov" does not exist or is not readable
Parameter file: /home/rhaas/postdoc/gr/cactus/Zelmani/par/static_tov.par
Skeleton Created
Job directory: "/home/rhaas/simulations2/static_tov"
Executable: "/home/rhaas/postdoc/gr/cactus/Zelmani/exe/cactus_bns_all"
Option list: "/home/rhaas/simulations2/static_tov/SIMFACTORY/cfg/OptionList"
Submit script: "/home/rhaas/simulations2/static_tov/SIMFACTORY/run/SubmitScript"
Run script: "/home/rhaas/simulations2/static_tov/SIMFACTORY/run/RunScript"
Parameter file: "/home/rhaas/simulations2/static_tov/SIMFACTORY/par/static_tov.par"
Assigned restart id: 0
Executing submit command: exec /home/rhaas/simulations2/static_tov/output-0000/SIMFACTORY/SubmitScript < /dev/null > /dev/null 2> /dev/null & echo $!
Submit finished, job id is 28547
--8<--