[Users] Black hole data for EHFinder

Maitraya Bhattacharyya maitraya.linux at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 13:05:05 CST 2017

Dear Eloisa,

My ultimate goal is to look at more general data, hence I want to start
knowing how to use EHFinder.

Any type of black hole simulation data and instructions on how to run
EHFinder is highly appreciated.

Maitraya.

On Jan 21, 2017 00:15, "Eloisa Bentivegna" <eloisa.bentivegna at ct.infn.it>
wrote:

On 20/01/17 10:25, Maitraya Bhattacharyya wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I would like to know how to use the EHFinder. Can anyone help me as to
> how to use this ?
>
> Also, if you have some simple data, like a Schwarzschild or Kerr black
> hole, can you please share.
>
> I have some data from other simulation packages (which are spread over a
> uniform grid). My goal would be to eventually run the EHFinder on that.

Dear Maitraya,

since you have a spherically-symmetric spacetime, your problem is much
simpler than what EHFinder was designed for, and in my opinion it isn't
worth the effort of turning your data into 3+1 and importing it in Cactus.

My suggestion is that you take a look, e.g., at section 7.2 of this book:

https://books.google.it/books?id=dxU1OEinvRUC

You'll see than in spherical symmetry the problem greatly simplifies,
and can be solved with a few lines of code.

I hope this helps,
Eloisa