[Users] meeting minutes for 2017-07-03

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Jul 5 11:10:25 CDT 2017

On Wed, Jul 05, 2017 at 09:12:55AM -0500, Roland Haas wrote:
>Present: Ian, Roberto, Roland

I am sorry for missing the call - something local came up...

>We are not going to hold the release if there are only 1-2 failures on
>machines (unless those failures are in core thorns).

I agree.

Some remarks:

- What machine is 105aff02?
- Why are the Dissipation testsuites failing on
  BW/Comet/Edison/Cori/Golub/Hydra? (ADMConstraints? ... see below)
  On BW they don't seem to produce output at all, but on the others the
  same number of sufficiently different files suggest a common cause.
- sphere_pugh_ppm is one of the 'fails a bit sometimes' thorns, and has
  been for a while. It's not a release-blocker, but a candidate we
  should look at. This might very well be a not optimal testsuite setup.
- RotatingSymmetry90/180 testsuites also seem to fail on
  Golum/Edison/Cori. I seem to remember that, like Dissipation, they use
  ML_ADMConstraints results in the testsuite. Could you please check
  if the workaround is already applied in the source that is tested
  here, i.e., if the workaround does not work here?
- We should probably disable OpenCL for BW if not even the WaveToy works
  there: keep it commented out in the optionlist, but don't enable it by
  default, because it might fool people in thinking it should work.

Overall, this looks really quite good - in fact, better than at some
other times for a release.

Keep adding/updating testsuites, I'll prepare release notes and get
everything ready for a release. For now, I will not create release
branches before that status of ML_ADMConstraints is sorted out (patch is
in the works, but not in master and not widely tested yet).

Frank