[Users] running ET on AWS

Jonah Miller jonah.maxwell.miller at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 08:46:20 CDT 2017

Hi Gary,

I experimented with this briefly as a platform for students for a summer
school. The install procedure goes flawlessly (just use the Debian
configuration for simfactory) and the code runs smoothly without any
changes in configuration. (Because I was experimenting, I did not use a
queuing system.)

However, when I did these tests, AWS did not offer a high speed
interconnect, so performance was poor for multiple nodes. I see that
this is actually no longer the case:

http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/placement-groups.html

so you may have better luck.

Best,