[Users] Some quasion about parameter file

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Tue Mar 7 08:48:27 CST 2017

On 7 Mar 2017, at 03:21, 彭兆宏 <alanpeng1995 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm a beginner of Einstein Toolkit. I'm trying to do the binary black hole with equal mass and no spin. Then, I'm using the par/arXiv-1111.3344/bbh/BBHLoeRes.par to be the parameter file. It can run and also generate the gravitational waveform. However, I added the spin and turned off the symmetry about z-reflection and 180-rotation, it crashed. What's wrong with this parameter file? What is the difference between GW150914.rpar file?

Hi Alan,

Can you post the parameter file that fails for you?  Without that, I can only guess at what is wrong.  Is it possible that when turning off the symmetry, you didn't change the 'min' coordinates from 0?  What happens if you just turn off the symmetry, without adding the spin?  It's best to change only one thing at once, so that you can see which thing causes the problem.  For aligned spins, you can still use the z symmetry (but not the 180 one).  The GW150914 parameter file is quite different; it uses the Llama multiblock infrastructure to give high resolution using spherical grids in the wave zone.  It also uses reflection symmetry.

http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin