[Users] IOHDF5 Error

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Mon Mar 13 07:53:17 CDT 2017

On 12 Mar 2017, at 17:27, Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu> wrote:

> Gwyneth
>
> Congratulations, you found another bug in Carpet. There is some internal inconsistency that was detected, forcing the run to abort. Yes, please open a full bug report. In particular a stack backtrace would be helpful.
>
> 0D HDF5 output is rarely used. You can use 0D ASCII output instead as a work-around.
>
> (I don't think this has anything to do with bboxset1 vs. bboxset2. You are using bboxset2, which is the modern variant, which is good.)

Hi Erik,

If the bug is in bboxset2, then it might not be present in bboxset1.  Having said that, since the number of processes will affect the bboxsets that are used in domain decomposition, and hence what CarpetIOHDF5 sees, I suspect the problem is triggered by the different (larger) number of MPI processes.

Gwyneth, are you using a very large number of MPI processes for a very small domain, like for the static_tov test that you were doing before?

http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin