[Users] LORENE BHNS Initial Data

Gwyneth Allwright allgwy001 at myuct.ac.za
Tue Mar 14 03:41:10 CDT 2017

Hi Roland,

You mentioned that I could try linking in the BLAS library from ATLAS. But
running "locate libatlas.dylib" doesn't return anything. However, I do get
results for libblas.dylib and liblapack.dylib.

I should've been clear about this: I'm trying all these things on my laptop
(OS X 10.10.5), not on a cluster. So it's easier to build different
versions of things if necessary.

Both my OpenBLAS and BLAS+LAPACK (Einstein Toolkit version) compilations
failed. For OpenBLAS, I get the error:

make[3]: *** [ScalarBoundary.c.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [make.checked] Error 2
make[1]: *** [/Users/user/Cactus/configs/ET_OpenBLAS/lib/libthorn_Boundary.a]
Error 2
COMPILING configs/ET_OpenBLAS/bindings/build/ADMMass/cctk_ThornBindings.c
Creating /Users/user/Cactus/configs/ET_OpenBLAS/lib/libthorn_ADMMass.a
make: *** [ET_OpenBLAS] Error 2

For BLAS+LAPACK, I get:

There were 2 errors during execution of the CST
These must be corrected before compilation can proceed

Warnings were generated during execution of the CST

CST error 1:
  -> Configuration script for thorn BLAS returned exit code 2
     (no error message)

CST error 2:
  -> Configuration script for thorn LAPACK returned exit code 2
     (no error message)

make[1]: *** [/Users/user/Cactus/configs/ET_BLAS/config-data/make.thornlist]
Error 1
make: *** [ET_BLAS] Error 2

Do you have any idea what could be going wrong?

Gwyneth