[Users] Excision with McLachlan

Miguel Zilhão mzilhao at ffn.ub.es
Tue Mar 28 18:05:02 CDT 2017

hi all,

many thanks for the many replies, in particular to Jonah for providing the parameter file!
i have just a couple of follow up questions:

  - what sort of boundary conditions are imposed on the evolved variables inside the excised region,
and how is this controlled?

  - would it then be possible to do this dynamically, ie, start excising only when a certain
condition (like formation of an apparent horizon) is fulfilled?

and for my purposes having a single excised region is fine, the setup i have in mind would be a
collapse to a single black hole.

thanks,
Miguel