[Users] Response to NSF Dear Colleague Letter

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Thu Mar 30 07:10:05 CDT 2017

Dear Einstein Toolkit users and developers,

At the NSF SI2 PI meeting this year, a few of the PIs got together to
respond to the NSF 17-031 Dear Colleague Letter: Request for Information
on Future Needs for Advanced Cyberinfrastructure to Support Science and
Engineering Research (NSF CI 2030) [1].

The response with the title "Research Software Training Initiative: Identifying and addressing challenges in scientific software development" can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M0RcbsjBRQIC_eO16SMYhnAM4TgwPM866DMWqR7m9pE/edit?usp=sharing

In order to give this response more weight, we will include a list of researchers that agree with what has been written, in addition to the original authors. For this:

         *** We need your help! ***

Please read the response, and if you agree with the response, are happy to help and to be included in the list, please add your information toResponse to NSF Dear Colleage Letter
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YciB5Z8hMx7cePQkrCrSX4ZM41aPTPiMjFr5ckm2tmw/edit?usp=sharing

The deadline for responses is April 5th, but: in order to ensure a timely response and to leave some time for final editing of the web form data, I have set the deadline to be added to the list to

Tue, April 4th   (Tuesday next week)

You are encouraged to forward this information to any researcher you think might be interested, but for the sake of spam avoidance, please try to keep it from being too public. If you have trouble with the Google spreadsheet, feel free to send me an email instead.

Thank you very much already in advance,

Frank Löffler

[1] https://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2017/nsf17031/nsf17031.jsp