[Users] GW150914 example, noisy Psi4 waveforms

Christian D. Ott cott at tapir.caltech.edu
Thu Mar 30 17:36:41 CDT 2017

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your reply. Good to know that others have the same problem.
I've done a 4th order run (with appropriately reduced # of ghost zones
etc.) with the Cartesian/Curvilinear boundary out at ~86. This indeed
reduces the oscillations, but only slightly. I was hoping for a bigger
effect. See attached plot comparing the 4th order run with
sphere_inner_radius at 51.4 with the new run at 85.66.

Best,

 - Christian

Christian D. Ott:     cott at tapir.caltech.edu
TAPIR 350-17 Caltech, Pasadena, CA 91125
http://www.tapir.caltech.edu/~cott
Phone: +1 626 395-8410;

Administrative Assistant --
JoAnn Boyd:  joann at caltech.edu; +1 626 395-4280