[Users] Error about a shared object file

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Wed May 3 09:02:28 CDT 2017

On 19 Apr 2017, at 23:51, Hiro.Kig <hiro.kig at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all
>
> I am Hiromitsu Kigure.
> This is the first time I send
> an e-mail to this mailing list.
> I am sending you this email to seek your advice.
>
> I use Einstein Toolkit in the
> following situation.
>
> ・OS:Fedora23
> ・Executable:etilgrmhd (IllinoisGRMHD)
>
> The compile was done and
> executable file was made.
> However the following error
> message was displayed
> when execute the file.
>
> "error while loading shared libraries: libgsl.so.19: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
>
> There was no problem few weeks ago.
> So I don't have any idea why
> the error occured.
>
> What should I do?
> ・Update the OS?
> ・Update the IllinoisGRMHD?
> (I don't use the latest version)
>
> I would appreciate it if you would give me some advice.

Hi,

Welcome to the list!  Are you using the optionlist for fedora from simfactory?

	simfactory/mdb/optionlists/fedora.cfg

First, let's just check that the GSL package is still installed:

	dnf list installed gsl

If it is true that it worked a few weeks ago, and you haven't changed anything in the ET build, then it's possible that an update of Fedora has upgraded the GSL version, and the version which the ET links to is no longer available.  If so, then you might be able to fix the problem by wiping your ET configuration,

cd Cactus
rm -rf configs/sim

(or whatever configuration name you may have used instead of "sim"), and rebuilding as you did before.  The configuration stage will find the available GSL, and hopefully you won't get this error.

http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin