[Users] Benchmarking

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Sat May 6 02:58:46 CDT 2017

On 5 May 2017, at 20:38, Khamesra, Bhavesh <bhaveshkhamesra at gatech.edu> wrote:

> Hi Ian, No I do not find any backtrace files in the output directory.

How do you know that there is a segfault? Can you post the error message?  It's possible that the segfault is not in Cactus - e.g. it could be from mpirun or some other part of the system.  If Cactus aborts with a segfault, and the run is using Carpet as the driver (i.e. the Carpet thorn is active in the parameter file), then it should write a backtrace file.