[Users] meeting minutes for 2017-05-08

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Mon May 8 10:05:43 CDT 2017

Present: Bhavesh, Eloisa, Frank. Gabrielle, Peter, Steve, Gela
Hammerling, Ian, Roberto, Vassili, Zach, Roland, Qian

Report on ET workshop planning:
* planned for week starting July 31st, 3 days of school, 2 days of
  workshop
* themes not fully decided yet, will sent out poll soon as possible
  (today) to query prior knowledge, which will let us asses where to
  pick people up. Topics will be a mix of lectures on NR and numerical
  methods plus hands on session incl. visualization, ET+LIGO
* should be able to broadcast and record the lectures since NCSA has
  rooms equipped with cameras and trained staff to handle
* workshop will likely dedicate one day to actual work and
  collaboration, will likely ask people to announce what they would
  like to work on at the time or registration
* suggestion to ask for example Bill Gropp on a keynote like talk for
  the workshop

ET release:
* postponed a bit this year
* request for review of new LORENE thorn
* Piraha parser needs to have the tickets in review applied, debug
  output removed
* failing test suites must be fixed, we will not release with failing
  tests:
  https://build-test.barrywardell.net/job/EinsteinToolkit/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/
* Frank will try and look at the GRHydro test
* Roland will look at SphericalHarmonicReconGen

GiRaFFE:
* Zach gave a quick overview about it,
  https://arxiv.org/pdf/1704.00599.pdf
* not for inclusion in this release yet

Survey on ET data vault:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdLrcXVJXKZBv3PAIaXtgj6YMylPVxwx-ctix8T0hf-XvhiUA/viewform
* there was discussion on the proper licenses to offer and how indexing
  by search engines would be implemented