[Users] scaling test for the einstein toolkit

helvi witek hwitek at icc.ub.edu
Fri May 12 10:41:52 CDT 2017

Hi Ian, Carlos,

thanks a lot for your feedback.
Together with Miguel Zilhao we are planning to perform these scaling tests
using the Einstein Toolkit together with the McLachlan and/or our own
evolution thorns on the Cosmos cluster at the University of Cambridge.
If you are interested, we would be happy to make the results available to
the community and to the public, e.g., on the wiki.

We were thinking about evolving a head-on collision of two black holes to
avoid contamination by the initial data construction. We would restrict the
output to "carpet-timing..asc" and "AllTimers*". Would you recommend any
other output to monitor the performance during these tests?
Please let us know if you have any other comments.

Best wishes,
Helvi & Miguel

Dr. Helvi Witek
Marie-Curie Research Fellow
Dep. Fisica Quantica i Astrofisica & ICCUB
Universitat de Barcelona