[Users] GetComponents

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Thu May 18 11:30:48 CDT 2017

Hello Ian,

> With GetComponents, is it possible to have a repository checked out
> only into "repos", and not symlinked somewhere else?
Not sure. I suspect this is impossible.

> Why is "repos" even used any more, when we have most of the
> arrangements in git, and the git repos could be checked out directly
> into arrangements, just like with subversion?
The repos directory is needed to get only subsets of the full git repo
linked in. This is important for repos that contain code that is not
yet part of the ET and also eg for the actual Cactus flesh which
cannot be checked out directly since it would put a .git into the main
Cactus directory.