[Users] Einstein Toolkit Meeting Reminder

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Sun May 21 20:53:05 CDT 2017

Hi

Please consider joining the weekly Einstein Toolkit phone call at
9:30 am US central time on Mondays. As usual, you can find instructions
how to join on the following web site:

http://einsteintoolkit.org/community/support/

Tomorrow, we will use a hangout again, with the URL being posted, as
usual on this list, about 15 minutes before the meeting, and they will
be also posted on

https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Main_Page

After the call, anyone who is interested is invited to test mumble. A
few of the developers tested this already last week, but I think not
sufficiently to already now be used on the regular call.
So far, the verdict seems to be that the technology seems to be sound,
but some of the clients are not as plug&play as a google hangout is. On
the other hand, once the necessary setup is done (mostly having to do
with when to mute/unmute your mic), things seem to work quite fine. This
also seems to be similar whatever service you use (not just mumble).

So, whatever it will be in the end, we will need a short how-to join
before we make it default for the calls.

Frank Löffler