[Users] Graphical display of timer data

Gabrielle Allen gaballen at gmail.com
Tue May 23 10:31:25 CDT 2017

Ian — this was the aim of the project that Dylan undertook back in the day — the idea was that the simulation could actually dynamically choose parameters, e.g. instead of saying checkpoint every 1000 time steps, you would set a parameter to say that checkpointing should be no more than 10% of run time; or the code would be able to spot that an analysis method was taking 10x as much time and rachet back how often it was invoked — so both would need to be able to output with warnings, but also take intelligent action based on that (and this is something that I still think Cactus can do quite uniquely).