[Users] Carpet options to switch off mesh refinement

dumsani g14n8326 at campus.ru.ac.za
Thu Nov 2 05:20:17 CDT 2017

On 02/11/2017 10:46, Ian Hinder wrote:
> On 2 Nov 2017, at 01:41, dumsani <g14n8326 at campus.ru.ac.za> wrote:
>
>> I think I have figured it out eventually. Thanks, Ian.
> Good to hear!  Would it be useful to summarise the cause of the problem to the mailing list, in case it helps others?

The following 3 options were enough, as you suggested.
Carpet::max_refinement_levels           = 1
Carpet::refinement_factor                   = 1
CarpetRegrid2::num_centres              = 0

After setting these properly, it turned out the crash wasn't due to
Carpet. It was now due to inappropriate memory allocation by the
scheduler in my initial data code.

Thanks