[Users] ET tutorial server at National Data Services Lab machines

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Sun Nov 19 13:20:03 CST 2017

Hello Steve, all,

Steve's jupyter based new user tutorial is almost ready for use now.

The jupyter server (might be unstable right now due to migrating
services) can be reached at:

https://www.einsteintoolkit.nationaldataservice.org

A draft of the website with instructions can be found in the
rhaas/new-users-tutorial of the ET website repository:

git clone -b rhaas/new-users-tutorial
https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/www einsteintoolkit-site

(for a fresh checkout)

or

git fetch
git checkout -b rhaas/new-users-tutorial

(if you already have the website repo checked out)

will make the branch available. The file too look at is
documentation/new-user-tutorial.html eg.

firefox documentation/new-user-tutorial.html

Please note that the server hosting the jupyter server will go into
*maintenance* on Monday so may not be available for testing just before
the ET call.

Please provide feedback and suggestions to Steve, me and/or the users
mailing list.