[Users] Fwd: [RES-users] RES - Call for proposals for scientific workshops

Bruno Giacomazzo bruno.giacomazzo at unitn.it
Tue Nov 21 06:59:48 CST 2017

Dear Miguel,
  Einstein Toolkit workshops are very informal. The first one we had in
Europe (Stockholm 2015) did not have any supporting funds, but for a small
donation from Christian Ott that covered the cost for coffee breaks (which
consisted in cookies, juices, and coffee bought at a local supermarket). In
Trento 2016 I had a grant that I used to cover lunches and coffee breaks
for the participants, while in Palma 2017 the meeting was hosted in a
resort which had all inclusive (so coffee breaks and lunches were included
in the accommodation expenses paid by each participant).

   As long as we can have a room where we can meet (equipped with a
projector and a blackboard, plus wifi and power strips), that is fine. If
you can find some money to support coffee breaks that could be useful.

   The most important thing is that there should not be any conference fee
charged to participants.

Cheers,
Bruno

Prof. Bruno Giacomazzo
Department of Physics
University of Trento
via Sommarive 14
38123 Trento
Italy

Tel.  : +39 0461281631
email : bruno.giacomazzo at unitn.it
web: http://www.brunogiacomazzo.org

Those who understand binary, and those who don't