[Users] Fedora 27 Compilation error

iconoklastic91 at gmail.com iconoklastic91 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 22:18:09 CST 2017

 I had been worried that on a computer with limited capabilities, interruption of the computations was more likely to occur during the lengthy run time, and hoped to prepare for it. I then discovered that I can hibernate Ubuntu, and am thinking of using it instead of Fedora, and have also been advised that the use of checkpoints is another alternative. (In qc0-mclachlan, I note the provided code segment, but the code segment includes another line with the value 55552. Would this generally be a good value on a computer of considerably different architecture?)
In any case, I would still be interested in trying to determine why Fedora does not compile Cactus properly for me. It goes pretty far before it terminates. I think I can collect the output in a text file, since inline text would be overwhelming. What would be the best procedure for submitting this information?
    On Monday, November 20, 2017, 11:37:11 PM PST, Frank Loeffler <knarf at cct.lsu.edu> wrote:

 On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 04:33:14AM +0000, iconoklastic91 at gmail.com wrote:
>COMPILING
>arrangements/McLachlan/ML_BSSN/src/RegisterSymmetries.ccCOMPILING
>arrangements/McLachlan/ML_BSSN/src/Startup.ccCreating
>/home/jontester/Cactus/configs/sim/lib/libthorn_ML_BSSN.amake: ***
>[Makefile:260: sim] Error 2

Hi,

Different parts of Cactus are by default built in parallel, so a short
excerpt of the build log might not be enough. We might be able to tell
you more if you would log all of the output and send us that (if you
know how, please compress it, it might be quite a bit).

If one of the external libraries didn't build (not unlikely), then most
often that log only refers to the log of that particular library
(usually called build.log). If that is the case, that file would be of
particular interest.

Frank