[Users] skipping SYNC in postrestrict

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Wed Oct 18 19:15:21 CDT 2017

Hello all,

does anyone feel confident to state if / when one can skip the SYNC in
POSTRESTRICT ? Assuming all computation by user thorns in the bin is
purely pointwise of course.

My run has no symmetries, and (for the sake of the argument) assume
that the resolution is high enough so that the buffer region of level
N+1 is not affected by the grid poinst in level N that are affected by
restriction from level N+1. So basically (as far as I understand this)
my question boils down do: does restriction fill in values in ghost
points?