[Users] meeting minutes for 2017-10-30

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Mon Oct 30 10:51:57 CDT 2017

Present: Bill. Cris, Eloisa, Gabrielle, Helvi, Ian, Miguel, Sam, Steve,
Roland, Qian, Ian

Discussion of the EU ET Workshop:
* more discussion and presentation about ET less about "only" science
* make sure US (at GT with CRA anniversary celebration) and EU
  (Lisbon possibly after https://workshops.ift.uam-csic.es/222) meetings
next year don't overlap
* school would be good for students (requested by attendees)
** gather lectures, tutorials and lecturers
** for this we would need funds (~10-20k$), would be appropriate for
COST action
* for US funding for these things:
https://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2018/nsf18505/nsf18505.htm?WT.mc_id=USNSF_25&WT.mc_ev=click if outside of the US needs reason, needs a focused research activity
* action items:
** Roland to find out when ET workshop at CRA is going to be
** Miguel will look at local funding opportunities including COST action
** take a look at NSF funding opportunities

Working groups: proposed template and groups discussed at the workshop
* this is currently a re-hash of the template
* has a list of groups to contact
* no objections to template in current form in call, Gabrielle will send
  around tomorrow with deadline of 1 week to report back

Volunteers to answer unanswered questions on the ET list
* make sure that no emails get lost, currently had one person waiting
  for a week which is not good at all
* add this as standing item to agenda
* current list: for TP can only point to Marcus Ansorg's papers
  (Miguel), Ian will take up the EinsteinExact one

code optimization using pop-coe services
* had online discussion about using these services for codes based in EU
* Helvi, Ian, Erik involved (others?). Would do it at BSC which we
  had already discussed with BSC members at the ET meeting (Miguel and
* PRACE offer starting allocations for benchmarking, next cutoff date
  is Dec 1st
* would have one person who is really dedicated to profile code and
  write report. 
* go for Optimization allocation and code development allocation (option
  "C" or option "B")

Change "copy" operator behaviour:
* http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2017-October/005835.html
* please create a pull request / ticket so that the author's can ok it

My email is as private as my paper mail. I therefore support encrypting
and signing email messages. Get my PGP key from http://pgp.mit.edu .
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
Url : http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/attachments/20171030/e4195780/attachment.bin 

More information about the Users mailing list