[Users] ML_ADMQuantities question

Wolfgang Kastaun physik at fangwolg.de
Tue Apr 3 17:06:43 CDT 2018

On 04/03/2018 09:54 PM, Erik Schnetter wrote:
> Wolfgang
>
> I don't think such a thing exists.
>
> It should be relatively straightforward to calculated the ADM
> quantities from the ADM variables. I also think this is how it should
> be done; I was surprised to see that it is done differently. After
> all, that's why we have the ADM variables -- as lingua franca so that
> thorns don't have too many interdependencies.

Such a thorn would be nice. However, if there is a good reason to
directly use the evolved variables in the BSSN system, it would still be
nice to add a CCZ4 version for completeness. I guess it should be easy
since Z4 and BSSN are fairly similar.

> Do you need the ADM integrands everywhere or just on a 2-sphere? If
> the latter, then the thorn QuasiLocalMeasures could provide these.

I wanted to have some fun with the actual integrants in 3D. For 2D
surface integrals, QLM indeed works just fine for me.

@Roland: In the interface.ccl of ML_ADMConstraints I only see the ADM
constraints, no expressions for ADM energy and angular momentum. Or did
you mean something else?

Cheers,
Wolfgang.