[Users] meeting minutes for 2018-04-09

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Mon Apr 9 09:30:06 CDT 2018

Present: Roland, Peter, Bhavesh, Zach, Qian,

US ET meeting in ATL:
* website: http://et-workshop18.physics.gatech.edu/
* June 18 – June 20, 2018
* registration page: http://et-workshop18.physics.gatech.edu/register/ (not yet functional)
* will send announcements to hyperspace, facebook, Helvi Vitek, Einstein Toolkit website (give access to website page to Bhavesh)

wiki site:
* postpone until next week

new user registration link:
* we think Frank set this up, so will have to contact him about what
  could be going wrong. TODO: Peter to contact Frank

missing material on ET website:
* http://einsteintoolkit.org/mp.html is missing ID files and most links
  are broken
* ID files no longer present on server at Caltech
* Patrick Cheong tried to reproduce the run with current RNSID in ET
  but failed. Possibly bug in parfile or bug in GRHydro or difference
  between Whisky_RNSID and RNSID in ET right now. TODO: Roland to ping
  authors of paper, try to reproduce files with Whisky_RNSID
* material is hard to find. Suggest to add them to the gallery.

Gallery:
* suggest to ask authors of ET using papers for submissions to the
  gallery

ET chat:
* there is a ET slack which we tried but which seems to have not gotten
  anywhere
* similar story for IRC:
https://webchat.oftc.net/?channels=cactus&uio=OT10cnVlde
* Zach suggests giving https://gitter.im a try which is eg used by
  sympy: https://gitter.im/sympy/sympy

ET meeting next week: Only if there is interest since it overlaps with
the APS meeting.