[Users] meeting minutes for 2018-04-23

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Tue Apr 24 07:56:16 CDT 2018

Hello Frank,

> Is there a version already available that has some data in it?
Not yet, though you can upload data of your own (quota is minuscule
though, this is just a development install after all).

> Where can I find information about the meta data that is collected
> together with the simulation data?
The idea is to support the LIGO data format for waveform files.
Documented here: https://arxiv.org/abs/1703.01076

We (the NCSA gravity group) are working on expanding and combining
existing python and Mathematica (that being Ian Hinder's simulation
tools) scripts into a single python script that would take a Cactus
simulation and do all the steps to produce a LIGO hdf5 file with the
waveform and which should work without problems on typical clusters.

For other types of files (ID data, checkpoints, stuff) it is less clear
yet what type of metadata to support.