[Users] meeting minutes for 2018-02-05

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Mon Feb 5 09:23:20 CST 2018

Present: Roland, Gabrielle, Sam, Steve, Antoni Ramos Buades, Peter,
Bhavesh, Erik, Qian, Yosef, Ian, Bill,

ET release update
* close to done, release name "Tesla"
* have release announcement written
* release related tickets
https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/query?status=%21closed&milestone=ET_2018_02&or&status=%21closed&priority=critical&component=%21Mojave&or&status=%21closed&priority=blocker&component=%21Mojave&col=id&col=summary&col=milestone&col=priority&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=component&col=reporter&order=priority

US ET meeting date poll
* please fill out https://www.when2meet.com/?6644007-rVgmz
* will close poll this evening and majority of votes will decide on day
* currently only a workshop, no school

offline tutorial
* find it here
  https://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/nds-org/jupyter-et/blob/master/CactusTutorial.ipynb
* please provide feedback for this ideally before the release

unanswered questions on mailing list
* find out if there are local persons that we could suggest to help out
* maybe have online tutorials that include more physics for example how
  to interpret data