[Users] questions about compilation

ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Sat Feb 10 02:31:02 CST 2018

> On 10 Feb 2018, at 06:11, 林家暉 <r06222015 at ntu.edu.tw> wrote:
>
> Dear Ian,
> I followed the steps in this page:
> http://simulationtools.org/Documentation/English/Tutorials/Introduction.html <http://simulationtools.org/Documentation/English/Tutorials/Introduction.html>
> I have installed both SimulationTools and h5mma into my home directory in Edison, but I cannot move it to ~/Library/Mathematica/Applications which seems to be a required step :
> <螢幕快照 2018-02-10 下午1.31.47.png>
> the message is below:
> <螢幕快照 2018-02-10 下午1.38.10.png>

Hi,

The instructions say

SimulationTools is available as a tar.gz file containing the SimulationTools application directory.  The SimulationTools directory should be placed in ~/Library/Mathematica/Applications on Mac OS, and ~/.Mathematica/Applications on Linux.

Since you are using Linux on Edison, you need to place it in ~/.Mathematica/Application, which is in your home directory.

There are equivalent download instructions at

http://simulationtools.org/download.shtml <http://simulationtools.org/download.shtml>

which might clarify this.

> By the way, I have installed NX,which is a computer program that handles remote X Window System connections to run Methematica. And I tried directly load SimulationTools (maybe there is SimulationTools already installed in Edison, or maybe I can load SimulationTools even it is located in my home directory) like below:
> <螢幕快照 2018-02-10 下午2.03.30.png>
> It failed, so SimulationTools seems to be required to move to Application directory of Mathematica.

Yes, that should fix the problem.

NX is good; that should be fast enough to use Mathematica remotely.

Good luck, and please keep asking questions if you need help!

http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin