[Users] The download commands doesn't work!

簡上育 s1109119 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 08:59:38 CST 2018

Hi ~

I’m a PHD student in Taiwan and I want to download Einstein toolkit on my computer (Debian 8). But there was some problem happening when I type the command provided by the website
./GetComponents --parallel https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/manifest/raw/ET_2018_02/einsteintoolkit.th

It shows this message on my command line:
xxx at xxxxx:~/einstein_toolkit$ ./GetComponents --parallel https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/manifest/raw/ET_2018_02/einsteintoolkit.th
You have requested a subversion checkout, but the system was unable to find subversion.
Please enter the path to subversion:
sh: 0: Illegal option --

Error:  does not appear to be a working copy of svn!

I don’t know what this message mean. Does it mean that the subversion is not available on the Internet now?

By the way, I tried to get an account for the “Tutorial for New Users “ , following the instruction on the website step by step. However, I didn’t receive the verification email. I am not sure if there is some thing wrong in the system.

So, can you help me and check the system? If all works well, please let me know. Maybe I just made some mistakes when I did the installation and  register for the new account.

Best regards,

Carl