[Users] Physical significance

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Jan 22 10:36:28 CST 2018

Nisa

There are two important use cases for this arrangement:

(1) To test the Einstein Toolkit; by re-caculating a knows solution one
confirms that the spacetime geometry solver in the Einstein Toolkit is
working as expected.

(2) To analyse these spacetimes or to evolve test fields in them. For
example, we can study the behaviour of horizons in known solutions, or
trace geodesics, or evolve test matter fields in these spacetimes. Those
calculations might otherwise be impossible, even though the geometry of the
spacetime is known analytically. See e.g. <
https://arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/0511017> or <https://arxiv.org/abs/1007.2990>
for examples.

-erik