[Users] compile problems on OSX High Sierra using homebrew

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Mon Jan 29 13:11:56 CST 2018

Hello all,

ok, one question I can possibly answer: the inrinsic _mm_hadd_ps is
in /usr/local/Cellar/gcc//7.3.0/lib/gcc/7/gcc/x86_64-apple-darwin17.3.0/7.3.0/include/pmmintrin.h
(not the "p") which is only included in x86intrin.h which
vectors-4-SSE.h only includes if __FMA4__ is set.

However the line bringing _mm_add_ps into the code and the include for
FM4 are very old (from 2013) so should not be to blame. The layout of
files and includes also seem to be identical in both gcc 7 and gcc 6.