[Users] Reduction operations during runtime

Jens Mahlmann jensmahl at alumni.uv.es
Fri Jun 1 05:51:17 CDT 2018

Dear all,

I am currently trying to use the results of a global reduction operation
(average) during runtime for the derivation of source terms.

Especially, I run

* if (CCTK_Reduce(cctkGH, -1, CCTK_ReductionHandle("average"), 1,
           CCTK_VARIABLE_REAL,
           magvaravg, 1,
           CCTK_VarIndex("FFEvolve::magvar")))
     CCTK_WARN(0, "Error while reducing FFEvolve::magvaravg");*

with OPTION:GLOBAL prior to my source term derivation (especially not in
the Analysis schedule block). However, this basically gives me NaNs
during runtime. Still, when I produce output of the respective
quantities, everything works fine - it seems that only the quantity
storing the average value is not available for all processes during runtime.

Maybe you have a hint for me - I am sure I am missing something basic.

Thank you very much for your input and my best from Valencia

Jens