[Users] Slow reading of Carpet data in visit 2.13

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Jun 4 19:27:00 CDT 2018

Yosef

There was a small change -- we added an additional attribute that makes it
easier (or possible) to reconstruct the buffer region, so that it can be
excluded from visualization. I don't think VisIt makes use of this
information yet. Performance wise this should make no difference at all.

HDF5 also allows setting parameters that influence caching. Maybe VisIt
differs in its behaviour there? But now I'm just guessing; I'm hoping that
others might know something for real.

-erik