[Users] Printing values when using MPI

Chris Stevens c.stevens at ru.ac.za
Sun Jun 17 04:52:08 CDT 2018

Hi everyone,

I am currently debugging some code and have been printing out (using
either CCTK_INFO and/or printf) debugging information at particular grid
points (LOCAL mode).

 From what I can tell, Cactus only allows output from one process, say
rank 0, to stop flooding of the output by printing everything once per
process. However if I am wanting data from a particular grid point, and
this grid point is not in the printing process, nothing will output.

I have been getting around this by turning off MPI (fine for one
iteration or so) but now I am doing longer runs I need to be able to
print out this information with MPI.

Thus my question:

How can you force Cactus to print out a statement from any process?

Cheers,

Chris

--
Dr Chris Stevens