[Users] Trac still down; Broken Link on ETK homepage

Steven R. Brandt sbrandt at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Jun 18 11:53:28 CDT 2018

On 06/18/2018 11:28 AM, Zach Etienne wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> *_Issue #1: Trac still down_*
> trac is still down (infinite redirect). Do we have a status update on
> this, or should we just create a standby issue tracker that can be
> used until trac is back up? It would be easier to migrate back to trac
> than move everything to a new issue tracker.
It should be corrected now. I have removed the meta redirect. If apache
doesn't do the redirect, it won't happen. That should prevent this from
happening again. Though, I confess, I can't understand how or why it
happens. According to the rules in Apache, it's impossible.

> *_Issue #2: Broken link in ETK website:_*
> A tarball of the release is also availablehere
> <http://einsteintoolkit.org/tarballs/>, but using GetComponents is the
> preferred method to obtain the code. Use the tarball only if there is
> no way to use GetComponents (which should almost never be the case).
>
> "here" above points to http://einsteintoolkit.org/tarballs/ , which is
> a broken link.

We have a ticket open about that. I believe we will simply remove the
reference to a tarball, unless anyone objects.

--Steve