[Users] Printing values when using MPI

ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Thu Jun 21 06:53:25 CDT 2018

> On 21 Jun 2018, at 09:41, Chris Stevens <c.stevens at ru.ac.za> wrote:
>
> Hi Ian,
>
> I have just gone to implement your advice but am confused as to what you mean by Cactus command line. Is this additions to the .sub or .run file? I am using simfactory to submit my jobs.

Hi,

The .run file is the script that actually runs Cactus, and that's where the change needs to be made.  For example, if you are using generic.run, you would change the line from

	mpirun -np @NUM_PROCS@ @EXECUTABLE@ -L 3 @PARFILE@

	mpirun -np @NUM_PROCS@ @EXECUTABLE@ -roe -L 3 @PARFILE@

Unfortunately it's all a little convoluted because of the layers of abstractions that simfactory provides.  And the interface is not complete, which means do you have to delve into it from time to time.  i.e. there is no way to pass through additional options to Cactus from the sim submit command line, as far as I know.

Note: in order to make SimFactory use the new runscript, you must rerun "sim build" and give it the runscript again, i.e.

	sim build [<config>] --runscript generic.run

(replacing generic.run with whatever runscript you are using).  It does not automatically detect the change and use the new runscript.

https://ianhinder.net