[Users] problems about accretion disk of binary neutron star

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu Nov 8 09:26:24 CST 2018

Hello Jie,

you will most likely need another thorn. I would say the closest thorn
that does what you would like to do is the "Outflow" thorn (in
EinsteinAnalysis/Outflow) that can track the amount of rest mass
flowing through a SphericalSurface. So you could make it measure the
amount of material crossing the apparent horizon and also eg the among
falling through the innermost stable circular orbit.

For energy you'd have to decide on some efficiency of converting rest
mass to energy (for the material falling through the ISCO).

You can use the Outflow test file as a starting point (and also consult
its documentation:
https://www.einsteintoolkit.org/thornguide/EinsteinAnalysis/Outflow/documentation.html): https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/einsteinanalysis/raw/05e1f24828dc5a0a819d57225957954da538c031/Outflow/test/moving_tov.par